Want to play a game?

So I’m going to have a little on-going fun on my website and I’m inviting you all to join me.

Recently I was trying to come up with a little by-line for my business name, ‘Bruce Loves Susie’. I didn’t want to just have ‘photography’ written under there. Coz that’s boring, right?! It had to convey more than that! It had to be a statement! It had to sum up all my feelings about photography into a few measly words!

And then I got a little deflated about the whole thing when I couldn’t come up with something awesome.

So I turned to Jadey, my best friend and fellow idiot.

Jade and Mandy

Jade and I many years ago (check out my dark hair!). We’re looking very shifty.

(I obviously mean that in the nicest possible way; I mean it in the ‘we think we are hilarious but nobody else seems to’ way.) Plus she’s SUPER smart (contradiction to ‘idiot’ I know), and has a really awesome way of viewing things. I thought, if anyone would be able to help me come up with a fantastic line, it would be her. So I got online and messaged her and said, “I’m trying to come up with a cool by-line for my photography – I’d love for it to reference something from our childhood pop culture. Any ideas?” and then, everything descended into madness.

I did forewarn you that we are idiots.

What next ensued was about an hour of us coming up with the stupidest, funniest by-lines that referenced anything from the 80s and 90s that we could remember – some of it incorporating photography, most of it just sounding ridiculous. And once we had well and truly ruined the exercise, Jadey said, ‘maybe you could have a revolving set of these in your header?’

And the world exploded.

So this is it – this is the game. Every couple of weeks my website header is going to change to feature a different by-line. And that by-line is going to reference some sort of pop culture from the 80s, 90s and maybe a little of the early 00s. It might just be a title of a song, or it might be a line from a movie, something like that. Some will be pretty damn easy, others might be quite hard! I’ll announce the change-over on facebook at which point the game is on for the first person to comment (on facebook) and say what the by-line is referencing.

The winner will get a prize. Or something. I haven’t quite figured that out but I will offer something! If many people comment with the right answer, I’ll put all of those people in a draw and pull out a name. It’s going to be so much FUN. (If the fun we had coming up with them was anything to go by, get ready to have your day made.)

There is one already up there – do you know what it is?

Visit www.brucelovessusie.com.au and let the games BEGIN!

Leave A Comment

Hi, There! Thank you so much for your sweet messages - I really appreciate it! :)